The Lighthouse Club - Construction Industry Standing Together
Every working day in the UK, two construction workers take their own life, & stress, anxiety & depression account for over a quarter of all work-related illnesses in construction.
With the rising cost of living plus a harsh winter incoming, times will be tough for a lot of people. The Lighthouse Club is a charity that provides emotional, physical and financial wellbeing support to the construction community & their families. We're proud to announce that we're a Company Supporter and we've committed to an annual support pledge for this amazing charity.
As part of our pledge, we look forward to welcoming the charity to our End of Year Drinks with our site teams.
The Lighthouse Club
Their mission is that no construction worker or their family should feel alone in a crisis.
They are the only charity that is 100% dedicated to our construction community in the UK and Ireland and a crucial element of their strategy is to provide free and easy access to a wide range of proactive resources to support the wellbeing of our workforce.
They believe that no construction worker or their family should be alone in a crisis. They know that improving people's welfare and wellbeing can prevent them from reaching a crisis point and the charity strives to:
- Reduce suicides in the construction industry
- Improve workforce welfare and wellbeing
- Keep our key support services free for everyone in our industry
Industry Support For Workforces & Their Families
- Every single working day in the UK, 2 construction workers take their own life
- Last year there were 30 fatalities on building sites
- Stress, depression or anxiety accounts for 27% of work-related illnesses in construction
- Over 46% of all occupational cancer cases in the UK are directly attributed to working in construction
- Every year there are over 2,000 major accidents that incapacitate the worker in such a way they can't return to work
- Every year there are over 82,000 new cases of work-related illness that can be directly attributed to working in construction
- Every year over 2.4 million working days are lost through injury or illness in our industry
Their support of construction workers & their families makes us so proud to pledge to support such an incredible charity.
24/7, confidential support on a variety of issues
Get Help Now
If you would like to apply for wellbeing or financial support, you can get in touch with the Lighthouse Club in many ways:
24/7 free, confidential helpline
- UK - 0345 605 1956
- ROI - 1800 939 122
- Request a call here: https://www.constructionindustryhelpline.com/request-a-call-or-email.html
If you'd prefer to text rather than talk, chat with a trained volunteer via text
- UK - Text HARDHAT to 85258
- ROI - Text HARDHAT to 50808
Download their FREE Helpline App. Each section of the app offers advice on various conditions or issues, self-assessment tools, coping strategies and referral pathways to access expert advice and support.
- Full app details are here: https://www.constructionindustryhelpline.com/app.html
- Download on the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/construction-industry-helpline/id1441007687?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coins_global.buildingbuddy&hl=en_GB
Find support in your area via Lighthouse Beacons - safe spaces for people to come together and talk in a confidential and supportive environment. You can share problems or issues you have faced or are still facing with people from all walks of life in a non-judgemental setting.
- Find support in your local area here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/d/viewer?mid=1LjRChZDreZ_VXYjmgbGy_cIYpMIJfsje&ll=53.90067124773741%2C-2.0772215500000035&z=6
Full contact information is available on their website: